Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snippet of Transcript From The Online Class


 gari: I am a designer, I have the creativity, the ideation, but NO business exp.  This is why I signed up for course.  But I think I have to get over the fact that the ideas I've been carrying around mulling over not knowing how to take the next step... may not be the best ones that will work in this biz.  but they are the ones I am passionate about. 
  gari: make sense?  You have experience with this velocity of seeing probs and taking solutions to market
  gari: this is all new to me
 luvlattes: then find a way gari even if it means tweaking your idea so it works
 Patricko1: I think gari the customer still needs to be questioned.
   Jspiers: gari, what do you mean "in this biz"  we are talking only biz... if the ideas won't work in biz, they wont work, but by getting the ideas out there, you will get real feedback...
  gari: JS the import biz
  gari: I am so new that I am still piecing together what "it" is.  Not inventing,  
Agnieszka0: he needs to test it out as you said
   Jspiers: we are not inventors, we merely experience what all people experience, "why dont they just..?" 
   Jspiers: and then do what everyone does.. think up a solution..
  gari: designing yes... but by biz I mean the numbers, selling, follow thru.  You are teaching an awesome method and I want to get there
   Jspiers: next we do what few others do... we decide if we have a passion and joy for it...
   Jspiers: then we do what almost no one else does, we "shop" the idea... etc...
   Jspiers: see how fewer and fewer people do the next necessary step?


0 comments: