Friday, April 27, 2012

Best Rentacar At SFO

So I had to fly into SFO for a quick meeting, and I needed a car for the day.  I checked out the rent-a-car companies at the airport, and best deal was some $45 for the day, with taxes and airport fees $90.   What a rip!

So I checked around...

Super Cheap Car Rental
10 Rollins Road Suite 106
Millbrae, CA
650-777-9993 (local)
http://www.supercheapcar.com

$32, all in.

Now, they do not have the convenience of being located at the airport, but Super Cheap turns out to be better. They pick you up.  To get to the airport rentacar location at SFO, you have to take the airtrans which is tedious.  I am sure I was just lucky, but I got picked by Super Cheap within about 3 minutes of getting to the curb.

Enterprise is great, but they will not let you drop a car outside of biz hours.  Super Cheap, no problem.

They do warn you about a problem, their location is near an intersection with red light cameras, and $400 fines.  Why cities want to ruin people with those car-wreck-guarantee systems I do not know.  It seemed to me driving through they have also shortened the yellow light time, a common trick to increase revenue.  Bad governance, I would say.  Just drive slow and deliberate as you leave and come in.  This in no way reflects on Super Cheap, if you rent at the airport you could just as easily get nailed by one of these cameras.

The crew is pure entrepreneur, they have experienced a problem and come up with a solution.  They have expanded to several cities, so check them out if you plan to fly and rent.  I am now their customer.  By charging too much to do too much, the government agencies have killed off airport rentacars, as far as I am concerned.

Feel free to forward this by email to three of your friends.


0 comments: