Wednesday, July 11, 2012

More Panjiva, ImportGenius, etc trade data


I've argued you should start a business selling a service you learned to do in my class, and that is analyze trade data.  Yes, you can do it yourself for free, but so often in life many people would just prefer to fork over the money to have someone else do it.  Your work is more valuable to them than their money.

Now I never turned it into a business, because I am too business with the too many businesses I am doing.  There is so much work to do out there.  There may be no jobs, but the paid work is endless.

Also, as a side note, this is another example of people worrying about others "stealing my idea."  I've been pushing this idea for at least 15 years, to everyone who can do it, and not until now did anyone do it.  This is another example of why I think it is delusional to believe someone will ever "steal your idea."

Early in my career I too worried about someone stealing my ideas.  Now much later, I worry that no one will steal my ideas.  Finally!  Casey Keller did it.  Check out his site at

http://www.usxnow.com/

And, in his own biz dev, he came across a very useful site that shares previous ruling by USCustoms by HTS number.

http://www.usitc.gov/scripts/tariff_affairs/hts_help.asp

Very nice...



Feel free to forward this by email to three of your friends.


0 comments: