Sunday, April 5, 2015

Anarchy In Action

Sadly when I first went to Hong Kong, I believed the stories about the most dangerous place on earth, the Kowloon Walled City.  This was before I was a working anarchist, so I did not visit it.  Plenty have, and contradict the official line.  The Kowloon was a working anarchist city, no government, but self-governed.  The freest place within the freest place on earth.

I would not say it is an example the epitome of anarchistic free market, but since most of the residents where plying some otherwise non-sanctioned trade or just hiding out, it might be likened to a anarchy prison, in which the inmates are free to come and go, and ply their trade.  I am sure most, in spite of their fond memories, would prefer the relative luxury of Hong Kong proper.

Well, they got their chance.  The place was levelled and turned into a park, which I have visited, quite nice, not far from where I like to stay in Hong Kong.

Here is one report on the place:



Feel free to forward this by email to three of your friends.


0 comments: