Friday, December 2, 2016

LCL MOQ FOB Partial Colloquy

On Dec 2, 2016, at 1:03 AM, LL wrote:

Hi John,
Thanks for another fantastic session this Tuesday. I have mailed out the initial letter and wanted to be prepared just incase she calls me before our scheduled time this Tuesday. I have started a different email thread since we are on the next phase and also makes it easier.  

So the "Answer matrix" from previous email ( At the end of this email & Thanks for that! ) is an initial Introduction of myself & a proposal on how we can mutually benefit by doing business together. Assuming she's interested, she'll either start getting into specificity then and there

***Yes, and you're best answer is "I don't know... and it will be find to find out..."  (Will I have to change the packaging?Who in Mexico do you have in mond?)

A N D

No, I don't want or need and exclusive

Yes, you can say forget it... (except for the one, first LCL MOQ FOB)

Yes, you can fire me...  because I am not your employee and don't have anything but some time spent doing something interesting, trying out my learning, at risk...

OR will want to think about it and get back to me

***  All I need is weights and measures of say a pallet load, what price YOU want, where I can pick it up from you, and  what would be the lead time, a month?  Then you can think about my export offer, after you see it,  is it something you want out there?  Start your thinking then, when you have something solid to look at.  If you say no, I'll be trying Bison Jerky next, but I like your product more. "***

OR will ask me on how I want to proceed [ I'm assuming you'll say "Right Now over the phone" 🙂 ].  Was hoping me you can give me some guidelines on the following details which I think will be fundamental to our discussions and If there's something else you think might come up in the discussion and is important, please let me know

MOQ
Will the owner provide this?. If I have to come up with MOQ, I have absolutely no idea on what would be the ideal "smallest rational possible" quantity or how to go about finding that out.

***Yes, must...  they have one already for domestic sales, but yours may be bigger, but usually no more than a pallet load.  You see on the template we need the weights and measures (H,L. W each and total) of the cartons, add the pallet height, and the price she wants to ear on the sale (ExW), and her delivery lead time, plus where she wants the goods picked up.  You might just have a rough draft template of the LCL MOQ FOB form with those blanks highlighted to email her, so if she asks how you want to proceed, you can just email her that .pdf.

Smallest rational really gets to logistics cost; if you get 100% more product for 5% more logistics cost (FF will point this out), then yes, jack up the qty to make the offer more attractive, but no, never a full container load...  two pallets is max for a test, and we are testing at this point in the export game.  There is back and forth on the LCL MOQ FOB development.  Measure twice, cut once....  remember it, you are stuck with it through 100 inquiries...***

More to follow...

Feel free to forward this by email to three of your friends.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

When will the follow up be posted?