Tuesday, March 7, 2006

reps vs. distribuutors

Re: [spiers] reps vs. distribuutors

Hi Jesse,

I am not in your field but having a reputable web magazine or paper
magazine to do a review of your accessory can do wonders - sending the
reviewer a free item, along with the best selling
points.............................or find a skateboard forum and send
a free sample to the top participates, if they like it they may talk
about it on the forum or recommend it to other people.

If you can find a skateboarding contest with big name contestants, and
your product is not too expensive to give away.............. give out
freebees - be sure to include your website or contact information. I
would imagine image and good graphics would be very important in
skateboarding, a strong cool label easy to remember.

This has worked well for us in the photo accessory business.
Susan



On Mar 7, 2006, at 10:59 AM, Jesse Milden wrote:

> John,
>
> In my industry (skateboard accessories) I've found that the storeÂ
> owners I've talked with buy their products through distributors, notÂ
> through sales reps. -Â I am contacting some of the largerÂ
> distributors in the country, but do you have recommendations forÂ
> spreading the word to stores across the country about my product? I'mÂ
> thinking about advertising in industry magazines and on industry webÂ
> sites.
>
> any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> thank you
>
> Jesse Milden
>
>
>
>
> Compete on Design!
>
> www.johnspiers.com


0 comments: