Thursday, May 25, 2006

rich dad poor dad thread

Ric,

You'll know I've sold out when you see me at 3am on cable TV being interviewed
by Kevin
Trudeau selling my book "Get Rich in Import Export on eBay, Now! for Free!"
That will occur
about 10 minutes after he asks me.

In the meantime, I am keeping costs associated with particular efforts so that I
can show what
I invested in a particular project, as part of a series of "case studies" I hope
to post here for
people to review.

there may be a reason for not showing audited financials, though: nobody fully
understands
the tax code. One CPA will handle a given set of books one way, and yield
certain results,
another CPA another way.

I can imagine if I were to release my audited statements, I would be approached
by other
CPA's who would claim they could get me better results (more money back). I'll
ask my CPA
(not that I'll do it) how he would view my publishing my tax statements.

John
On Thu, 25 May 2006 12:36:10 -0500, Richard Ingels wrote :

> Pardon me for butting in and not addressing your question itself but
> rather commenting on the reference you used.
>
> I think that Rich Dad/Poor Dad made his fortune off of self-help books.
> I am amazed at how few of the financial/real estate gurus release any
> of their personal financial info to prove that they have done what they
> are teaching and continue to do it in today's market. Teaching how to
> do it is big business and it always falls back on the consumer that
> they are a loser if it doesn't work out...(or buy another book or tape
> or personal consulting so it will work). The Amway expose' previously
> mentioned in this forum is an example (that was fascinating to read
> about). I think that the grid he talks about is very good to
> conceptualize the different approaches to income, but the rest of the
> books (and I've read them all) seems to me to be a good way to make the
> authors rich even if there may be valid general ideas without a lot of
> concrete specifics.
>
> Again, sorry to jump in uninvited but I thought this would be an
> excellent topic with regard to our approaches to running an import
> business. From what I understand, our products always have a life cycle
> and so we will always be self employed during our times of developing
> new products and markets with periods of being a business owner and
> entrepreneur when things are moving well, and that is part of the fun.
> Maybe someday with enough money put away then we may chose to get off
> the grid entirely but during our import days we move among 3 of the 4
> sectors.
>
> Richard
>
>
> On May 24, 2006, at 5:21 PM, olivia fisher wrote:
>
> > John,
> >
> > Can you expound on this point you stated many times: Self Employment
> > is a lifestyle.
> >
> > Once I maket my product, am I self employed? Rich-Dad, Poor-Dad
> > book I am reading (for another point of view) states that one doesnt
> > want to be self employed forever, but rather, be a business owner and
> > ultimately an entrepreneur.
> >
> > Olivia


0 comments: