Thursday, September 8, 2016

Don't Take My Flip-phone!

Word was flip-phones were going to be banned in USA because they have sim cards, but I can only find articles on banning burner phones.  Such anonymous phones distress all hegemons apparently.  AS an aside, I was delighted to find I am in an elite group that limits my portable tech to the flip-phone.
As to a flip phone ban, no, just a ban on unregistered sim cards, but not just USA, but apparently worldwide.

USA:
The bill, if passed, would require retailers to get identification from anyone who buys a so-called “burner” phone. Spier claims unregistered burner phones represent a significant gap in law enforcement’s ability to investigate terrorism, drugs, and human trafficking.
China:
Three years ago the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) required identification to be provided at the sale of SIM cards and new phone numbers. SIM cards continue to be sold without identification requirements, particularly through online shopping sites and cause difficulty in tracking the perpetrators of telecom frauds.
Germany

Belgium

Burundi

Burundi?  Anyway, you get the point.  As to smart phones, I cannot see any advantage in the device.  In fact, how they are used by people strikes me as disadvantageously.

Feel free to forward this by email to three of your friends.


0 comments: